Nottinghamshire Parish Church Database


Churches by Dedication 
All Hallows to St. G
regory

indicates photo can be viewed on the Nottinghamshire Church Photographs website

Church Name Parish  Date Built Notes
All Hallows Adbolton unknown Demolished in 1746. Parish annexed to Holme Pierrepont
All Hallows Gedling 13th Cent
All Hallows Ordsall 13th Cent
All Saints (Old) Annesley 12th Cent Fell into disuse when a new church was built nearer to the new mining community. Now in ruins. Was threatened with demolition but remains are now a listed monument.
All Saints (New) Annesley Built 1874 New church built nearer to the 'new village' when the local collieries opened and built housing for their workers. 
All Saints Babworth 15th Cent Restored 1859 and 1877-8
All Saints Barnby in the Willows 13th Cent
All Saints Beckingham 13th-14th Cent Restored in 1892
All Saints Clipstone Built 1923  
All Saints Coddington 13th Cent Extensive restoration in 1864
All Saints Cotgrave 13th Cent
All Saints Eaton ? Built on the site of an older church, of Norman date
All Saints Elston 13th Cent
All Saints Granby 13th Cent  
All Saints Harby with Swinethorpe Built 1875 Formerly a chapelry of Clifton, it was formed a parish in 1874. Built on the site of an older chapel
All Saints Harworth 12th Cent Medieval tower remains. Rest rebuilt 1869
All Saints Hawton 14th Cent
All Saints Hucknall Huthwaite Built 1902
All Saints Markham Clinton 11th Cent
All Saints Mattersey 13th Cent
All Saints Misterton 12th Cent Restored/Rebuilt in 1848
All Saints North Collingham 11th-12th Cent
All Saints Nottingham, Raleigh St Built 1865 Formed out of the parish of St Mary
All Saints Rampton 15th Cent
All Saints Rempstone Built 1771 Built using some materials taken from an older church located three quarters of a mile away
All Saints South Leverton 11th-12th Cent Includes some Saxon and Norman
All Saints Stanton Hill Built 1899 Formed from the parish of Skegby
All Saints Stanton on the Wolds 11th Cent
All Saints Strelley 12th-14th Cent Rebuilt in 1386 on the site of an older church
All Saints Sutton on Trent 13th Cent Built on foundations of a saxon church
All Saints Syerston 13th Cent
All Saints Thrumpton 14th Cent
All Saints Weston 13th Cent
All Saints Winthorpe Built 1887 Built on the site of an older church which had "fallen into a dilapidated condition"
All Souls Radford ~ Old, Lenton Boulevard Built 1894 Formed as a parish from the parish of St Peter. Original building demolished and rebuilt in a modern style in 1980. A photograph of the original church can be viewed at www.picturethepast.org.uk
Chapel of St Mary the Virgin Clumber Park Built 1886 Built for the 7th Duke of Newcastle at a cost of �30,000
Christ Church Radford ~ New, Ilkeston Rd Built 1844 Formed as a parish in 1845 from the parish of St Peter
Christ Church Cinderhill, Nuthall Rd Built 1855 Was a chapelry to Nuthall (1912 dir. says Basford) Formed a parish in 1896. Some dates say built 1883, possibly rebuilt?
Christ Church Newark Built 1858  
Elston Chapel Elston Chapel ? Created 1584 as a parish, poss using the chapel building of St Leonards Hospital. Later became a Chapelry to East Stoke. Transferred to Elston parish in 1872 in a disused state.
A photograph of this church can be viewed at www.picturethepast.org.uk
Emmanuel Bestwood Park Built 1868 Formerly a chapel to Lenton parish - created a parish in 1878
Emmanuel Nottingham, Woodborough Rd Built 1885 This church was started c1885, after being designed by Watson Fothergill. It was described as being "unfinished" in 1888. Formed from the parish of St Ann in 1886, it was extended twice before 1900. The church was demolished in 1972. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
Holy and Undivided Trinity Lenton ~ New, Church St Built 1842
Holy Cross Epperstone 13th Cent
Holy Rood Edwalton 12th Cent Chancel fell down at the end of 17th cent and was rebuilt in 1894. Church was extended in 1997.
Holy Rood Ossington 12th Cent Rebuilt 1782
Holy Trinity Aslockton c15th Cent Old chapel was formerly a chapelry of Whatton. Described in 1797 as "utterly decayed". After the Reformation, was used as a Beershop for a time. Portions of old chapel wall were incorporated into a later Mission Room.
Holy Trinity Besthorpe Built 1844 Chapel of Ease to South Scarle parish
Holy Trinity Bulcote Built 1862 Built on site of 13th Cent church - chapelry of Burton Joyce
Holy Trinity Cottam 12th Cent Chapelry to the parish of South Leverton
Holy Trinity Everton 12th Cent
Holy Trinity Kimberley Built 1847 Formed a parish in 1848 from Greasley parish
Holy Trinity Kirton 13th Cent
Holy Trinity Lambley 12th Cent Rebuilt 15th Cent
Holy Trinity Nottingham, Milton St Built 1841 Formed as a parish in 1842. Demolished circa 1956 - site now part of the Trinity Square Car Park. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
Holy Trinity Ratcliffe on Soar 13th Cent  
Holy Trinity Rolleston 12th Cent
Holy Trinity Southwell Built 1845
Holy Trinity Tithby 14th Cent "Early English"
Holy Trinity Wysall 11th Cent
Holy Trinity & St Oswald Finningley 11th Cent  
Our Lady & St Peter Bothamsall Built 1844 Built on site of older church
Priory Church Lenton 12th Cent Originally the church of the Cluniac Priory of Holy Trinity. Aka as St Anthony or St Andrew (records differ) Was the parish church until 1844 when it became a chapel of ease. Between 1844 and 1884 was sometimes in ruins
Priory Church of St Mary & St Cuthbert Worksop 12th Cent
Priory Church of St Mary & St Martin Blyth 11th Cent
Priory Church of St Peter Thurgarton 12th Cent Restored 1854 - original church (12th cent) was part of Thurgarton Priory
St Aidan Basford, Arnold Rd Built 1903 Formed a parish in 1910 from the parish of St Leodegarious
St Alban Sneinton, Bond St Built 1887 Formed as a parish in 1888 from the parishes of St Stephen and St Matthias. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
St Albans Ordsall, London Road Built 1898 Chapel of Ease to All Hallows
St Andrew Caunton 12th Cent
St Andrew Eakring 12th Cent
St Andrew Langar cum Barnstone 13th Cent
St Andrew Nottingham, Mapperley Rd Built 1871 Formed as a parish in 1871
St Andrew Skegby 12th Cent Restored 1870
St Andrew Stapleford Built 1908 Daughter church to St Helens
St Ann Nottingham, St Ann's Well Road Built 1864 Built at the junction of Corporation Road and St Ann's Well Road in 1864. Formed as a parish in 1865 out of St Mary's parish, and included a small part of Basford parish. Demolished in 1971. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
St Anne Sutton Bonnington 13th Cent
St Augustine Sookholme, Warsop 11th Cent Formerly belonged to St Oswalds Priory, Nostell, Yorks - was attached to Warsop parish at the Reformation.
St Augustine Newark-on-Trent Built 1886 Chapel of ease to St Mary.
St Augustine of Canterbury Flintham 13th Cent
St Augustine of England Basford ~ New, High Church St Built 1862 Formed a parish in 1847 from the parish of Basford. A south aisle was added in 1877. Demolished in 1989. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
St Barnabas Pleasley Hill Built 1895 Formed from the parish of St Peter, Mansfield in 1896. Chancel and tower built in 1912.
St Barnabas Ranskill Built 1878 Chapelry to the parish of Blyth
St Bartholomew Kneesal 13th Cent
St Bartholomew Langford 13th Cent
St Bartholomew Nottingham, Blue Bell Hill Road Built 1899 Formed as a parish in 1905 out of St Ann's parish. Demolished after 1972. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
St Bartholomew Sutton cum Lound 14th Cent
St Catherine Cossall 12th Cent Some rebuilding in the 1840's
St Catherine East Retford Built 1884 Mission church, located in Carr Road.
St Catherine Nottingham, St Ann's Well Road Built 1882 Formed as a parish in 1882 from the parishes of St Mary, St Mark, St Luke & St Paul
St Cecilia Girton 15th Cent Partially rebuilt 1876 on site of older church
St Christopher Sneinton, Colwick Road Built 1910 Formed as a parish in 1911
St Clements Sneinton, Sneinton Hill Built 1887 Mission church to St Matthias
St Cyprian of Carthage Sneinton, Lancaster Road Built 1934  
St Denis Morton Built 1756
St Edmund Holme Pierrepont 13th Cent medieval - Extended 1666
St Edmund Walesby 11th Cent
St Edmund King & Martyr Mansfield Woodhouse 13th Cent Restoration in 1850 and 1878
St Faith North Wilford Built cir 1899 Formed as a parish in 1894, from Wilford parish
St Gabriel Nottingham, Bathley St Built cir 1900 Mentioned in 1912 directory. You can view a photograph of this church at http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/
St George Barton in Fabis 12th Cent
St George Netherfield Built 1885  
St George Nottingham, Kirke White St Built 1888 Formed as a parish in 1887 from the parish of St Saviours
St George the Martyr North Clifton 13th Cent
St Giles Balderton 12th Cent
St Giles Bevercotes unknown Chapelry of West Markham parish. Demolished c1643
St Giles Carburton 11th Cent Formerly a chapelry to Edwinstowe parish
St Giles Costock Built 1350
St Giles Cromwell 13th Cent
St Giles Cropwell Bishop 13th Cent
St Giles Darlton 13th Cent
St Giles Edingley 12th Cent
St Giles Elkesley 14th Cent
St Giles Holme 12th Cent "almost completely tudor"  Rebuilt 1485
St Giles Ollerton 1700 (or 1780?) Built in 18th cent. on site of older chapel (Chapel of ease to Edwinstowe) rebuilt 1853 & 1875
St Giles West Bridgford 13th Cent Early English date, with a new nave and chancel errected in 1898
St Gregory Fledborough cum Woodcotes 14th Cent Chancel rebuilt in 1890, nave aisles and south porch rebuilt in 1912.

indicates photo can be viewed on the Nottinghamshire Church Photographs website

All Hallows - St Gregory   |     St Helen - St Mary    |    St Matthew -St Winifred    |     Back to Index


Database created by Webmaster 20 April 1999.
Page created 25th March 2002 - updated 24th January 2005