Churchyard and Cemetery
The churchyard surrounding the Old Parish Church was in use for many years. The oldest legible headstone commemorates a local villager named Richard Barrat, who died in 1718 aged 35. The last burial in the churchyard was for Thomas Gelsthorpe of Annesley Woodhouse in 1881.
A new cemetery was sited near to the new church in 1872, at a cost of £1,500, and included a mortuary chapel.
Views of Annesley Cemetery and its Mortuary Chapel
Page created 5th October 2002 by Webmaster